Advanced PHP Programming - DIT 21033
|DIT 21033||36 hours|
This is the final course in a series of three levels developing PHP programming skills. In this level, students will advance their knowledge of PHP and MySQL. Students will explore common programming design patterns like Model View Controller (MVC), while expanding their knowledge of PHP itself through techniques like output buffering, session management, class building, integration of Ajax, and data consumption (XML and JSON). Students will also be introduced to modern PHP frameworks like CodeIgniter and Laravel, and techniques to improve the speed and reliability of web application development.
PrerequisitesIntermediate PHP Programming
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Separate the major concerns of all non-trivial Web applications into separate components.
- Understand and implement the MVC design pattern in their own web projects
- Understand and leverage the power of PHP session management to enhance the functionality of web applications and improve the user experience.
- Consume data sources like public APIs to create unique and useful content
- Create more ‘app like’ Websites by integrating Ajax technologies
- Start building a powerful class library of their own code to be used in future projects