Advertising Fundamentals - DPS 15345
|DPS 15345||36 hours|
With today’s media multi-tasking consumer, message and visibility are essential to effective advertising. This course provides an overview of the role of advertising within an integrated communication framework, the structure of the advertising industry, and the underpinnings of a sound advertising campaign. The course will explore how to maximize reach within a specific demographic and shape the message accordingly.
Topics include advertising research; the strengths and weaknesses of the various media; the strategic planning process; and the guidelines for responsible advertising.
On completion of this course, students will:
- Recognize how advertising fits into an integrated marketing communications plan;
- Apply a creative development framework and utilize recognized planning tools to create an advertising plan;
- Determine the advantages and disadvantages of different mediums and adapt an advertising approach and message accordingly;
- Develop strategies and utilize a variety of analytical tools to overcome potential advertising challenges;
- Scale advertising campaigns to budget objectives and recognize how cost impacts the media buying process.
- Textbook required