Canadian Payroll Association: Payroll Compliance Legislation - DPS 16400
|DPS 16400||42 hours|
On completion of this course, students will:
- Describe payroll’s objectives and stakeholders;
- Identify an employer/employee relationship;
- Apply federal and provincial legislation to payroll, including:
- The Canada Pension Plan
- The Employment Insurance Act
- The Income Tax Act
- Employment Standards legislation
- Worker’s Compensation Acts
- Quebec-specific legislation
- Communicate the payroll compliance requirements to various stakeholders.
- The Canadian Payroll Association passing mark is 65%
- This course is only available to students enrolled in the Full-time Human Resource Management Diploma program.