Cultural Intelligence for Today's Workplace - DPS 59046
|DPS 59046||7 hours|
Manitoba’s population is increasingly becoming culturally and linguistically diverse, as is its workforce; Manitoba has a more diverse worker and customer base than ever before. Many businesses operate in a global marketplace and current demographic realities underline the importance of immigration to Manitoba’s future social and economic growth.
This seminar will increase self-awareness and provide tools for managers, supervisors and other staff members to create an environment which allows employees from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds to participate and contribute fully in the workplace. Participants will have the opportunity to examine and solve some of the misunderstandings that arise between people of different nationalities and ethnic backgrounds and students will broaden their perspectives and understanding of cultural norms, while learning the five competencies that will increase their Culture Intelligence (CI).
This seminar will:
- Identify the purpose of cross-cultural understanding;
- Examine cultural assumptions, beliefs, values and expectations;
- Assess their knowledge with a Culture Intelligence Assessment Tool;
- Learn about the Five Competencies that will empower them to make an impact in their workplace and add this knowledge to their “ tool kit.“
On completion of this seminar, participants will:
- Have a better understanding of multi-cultural norms;
- Know how to deal with cultural barriers in the context of the workplace;
- Increase the ability to address some of the diverse challenges that affect a multi-cultural workplace;
- Develop an action plan for the role you play at work and how you will change or impact a more inclusive workplace, while increasing your cultural intelligence.