Digital & Social Media - DPS 51058
|DPS 51058||36 hours|
How people are communicating with each other, with business, and with brands, as well as how they interact with media, is changing. Canadians are consuming media differently, socializing in new ways, and demanding access to information anytime, anywhere. Social media has changed everything from how we share and communicate with each other to how we find jobs.
The social media and digital marketing landscape are evolving and it is essential that business communicators learn how to navigate this 2.0 world and its technologies. Future business leaders and employees will need to be comfortable with digital and social marketing, communications, and how to leverage various social media and ancillary tools effectively.
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Define, evaluate and prioritize the various digital and social media channels;
- Create and recommend a cohesive content calendar, and create posts to support calendar;
- Create a blog to be used as a portfolio piece;
- Plan and create audience-specific digital and social media communications pieces;
- Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form;
- Identify best practices with digital and social media, including community management;
- List sources for identifying emerging trends and technologies.