Digital & Social Media - DPS 51058
|DPS 51058||36 hours|
How people are communicating with each other, with business, and with brands, as well as how they interact with media, is changing. Canadians are consuming media differently, socializing in new ways, and demanding access to information anytime, anywhere. Social media has changed everything from how we share and communicate with each other to how we find jobs.
The social media and digital marketing landscape are evolving and it is essential that business communicators learn how to navigate this 2.0 world and its technologies. Future business leaders and employees will need to be comfortable with digital and social marketing, communications, and how to leverage various social media and ancillary tools effectively.
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Evaluate different digital and social media technologies and understand the rules of engagement for each;
- Use digital and social media technologies to drive different audiences to online content;
- Evaluate and enhance an existing digital and social media strategy for an actual business or not-for-profit organization;
- Identify the appropriate digital and social media tactics for the integrated marketing communications plan;
- Utilize social media management tools to update information across multiple platforms;
- Measure social media ROI and impact through a variety of analytic tools.