Effective Facilitation - DPS 15244
|DPS 15244||36 hours|
This course is designed for trainers, facilitators, supervisors, managers, team builders, and other individuals who set up meetings and facilitate groups or plan to do so in the future. This course focuses on providing participants with a framework for effective meeting management, the effective facilitation of meetings, and on models for building group consensus and decision-making.
PrerequisitesEffective Oral Communication
On completion of this course, students will:
- Prepare for and conduct project meetings;
- Describe six leadership styles and their effectiveness when facilitating;
- Apply rational problem solving and decision making techniques in groups;
- Describe the stages of team development;
- Identify and manage team building and team subverting behaviors;
- Effectively manage conflict in teams;
- Effectively prepare for and conduct facilitated sessions;
- Manage disruptions and dysfunctional behavior in facilitated sessions;
- Apply facilitation techniques to resolve problems, make decisions and achieve consensus.