Effective Written Communication - DPS 15119
|DPS 15119||36 hours|
This course provides participants with the key strategies for creating powerful business correspondence. There is no doubt that, in today’s business environment, writing effectively is an essential professional skill – a skill that can affect an individual’s image and success. As a result, this course is designed to enhance each participant’s ability to be an effective and proficient business writer by using the structural qualities that lead to powerful writing.
The content of the program is built around the proven principles of good writing. The key concepts include organizational strategies, clarity and conciseness through plain language, powerful sentence and paragraph structure, and correct grammar and usage. All of these concepts are then applied to writing effective business documents with an emphasis on the most current business style. Participants will have practical application of these concepts through weekly writing assignments
On completion of this course, students will:
- Apply specific planning and organizing techniques to your writing;
- Reduce the time you spend revising and proofreading your documents;
- Present a clear, concise message using plain language;
- Impact the reader by putting the right information in the right place;
- Format documents to enhance readability and present a professional message;
- Use editing techniques to ensure correctness in grammar and usage.
- Textbook recommended