Getting Results with Project Management - DPS 59055
|DPS 59055||14 hours|
Formerly DPS 59003 Managing Projects for Better Results
With costs ever increasing and delays resulting in significant cost and time overruns, project management is the GPS navigational device businesses turn to in order to get things done right, on time, and within budget. This seminar is designed to provide participants with the practical skills and techniques for initiating, planning, tracking, controlling and evaluating any kind or size of project. This seminar aligns the learning outcomes with the concepts and techniques associated with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
The workshop is highly interactive and participants learn by working in project teams and applying the skills discussed in the workshop to actual projects. The workshop focuses on the technical and people aspects of successful project management.
On completion of this seminar, participants will:
- Prepare a comprehensive project plan;
- Develop contingency plans and responding to change;
- Coordinate project support;
- Influence project decision-makers;
- Resolve project-related problems;
- Motivate team members in a matrix environment;
- Report project status and evaluate results.