Graphic Design for Non-Designers II - DPS 17202
|DPS 17202||36 hours|
Many public relations and marketing professionals work with designers, either purchasing design or working in organizations where in-house design is essential. This is the second in a series of three courses. This level will continue exploring various graphic design principles and techniques, while integrating the design tools of the Adobe Creative Cloud software to various design projects.
PrerequisitesGraphic Design for Non-Designers I
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Develop their digital design skills using the Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator software;
- Enhance their layout and design skills;
- Apply the concept development process to a variety of design projects;
- Identify common design mistakes and develop strategies to overcome different graphic design challenges;
- Understand how to manipulate digital images and create print-ready vector graphics;
- Recognize the intercept between branding and graphic design for logo creation and understand how logos fit in Visual Identity Guidelines.
- Understand the basic concepts and techniques involved with Photography.
- Use Photoshop to restore and retouch digital images using various tools.