Human Resource Management Diploma (Full-time)
- Next Intakes:
- August 29, 2017 - September 07, 2018 (includes a one-week orientation & a four-week internship)
- May 01, 2018 - May 17, 2019 (includes a one-week orientation & a four-week internship)
- Typical Schedule: twelve-months in duration, Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm.
- Scheduled Breaks: Two breaks of one week throughout the program and two weeks off for winter break.
- Tuition Fees
- Apply for this program now
This 4X award winning and CPHR accredited program distinguishes itself from other academic competitors by layering traditional elements of human resource management with a heavy emphasis on leadership, concrete business tools, and effective communication tools.
The full-time program aligns its content to industry-recognized standards and best professional practice, earning graduates top scores on their professional designation examinations. Further, students will have the opportunity to obtain their WHMIS certification through the Managing Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment course
Graduates of this program will attain both a Human Resource Management Diploma, a Management Certificate, WHMIS certification and upon graduate become eligible for their CPHR designation.
Graduates have been hired by organizations such as:
- Assiniboine Credit Union
- People First HR Services
- E-Care Contact Services
- Price Industries
- Loblaws Company Inc.
- University of Winnipeg
- Manitoba Public Insurance
- Winnipeg Regional Health
- MGI Wealth Workers
- Compensation Board
Employment in HR is expected to increase as published in the 2016 HR Trends publication and the average salary for a CPHR in Manitoba is $77,748.
Next Start Dates
- Work in a variety of human resource positions and be able to assume greater levels of responsibility as they grow in their human resource capability.
- Understand and comply with the employer's legislative and legal obligations including workplace health and safety regulation, WHMIS legislation, the Worker's Compensation Act, payroll compliance legislation, and employment standards.
- Conduct organizational needs assessments, analyze and modify organizational staff development plans and develop effective recruitment strategies to attract talent that satisfies the organizational objectives.
- Foster a work environment that promotes productivity and employee satisfaction
- Evaluate performance and communicate performance issues in a manner that encourages responsible and corrective action and manage disciplinary action proactively and thoroughly.
- Understand the elements of a total compensation package that align with an organizational recruitment and retention strategy, develop compensation policies and procedures, procure benefits, and analyze employee and organizational pension requirements.
- Exercise sound financial decision-making and budgeting skills
- Write the Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Knowledge-Based Exam
Career Opportunities for Graduates
- Human Resource Coordinator
- Human Resource Director
- Payroll Administrator
- Employment Equity Officer
- Change Management Coordinator
- Benefits Coordinator
- Benefits Administrator
- Compensation Manager
- Corporate Trainer
- Corporate Recruiter
Articulation for Credit
Graduates of the full-time Human Resource Management Diploma Program may be eligible credit in our degree programs. See Pathways to UW Degrees- http://pace.uwinnipegcourses.ca/pathways-uw-degrees
- Canadian HR Reporter Readers’ Choice Awards. Winner Best HR Diploma Program Prairie Provinces
- HR.com LEAD Award 2016: Diploma Program with Emphasis on HR (#1 globally)
- HR.com LEAD Award 2017: Custom Content Programming with Emphasis on HR (#3 globally)
- HR.com LEAD Award 2017: Diploma Program with Emphasis on HR (#2 globally)
Full-time programs fees include course tuition fees and memberships in the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Manitoba.
- CPU: Intel or AMD core I5 or I7
- Memory: 4GB or 8GB
- Display and Graphics:
- 15 inches LCDDisplay TFT active Matrix Colour can handle 1920 x 1080 Resolution (2GB ram) (Optional)
- HardDrive: 500 GB
- Windows 7 or 10
MAC’s hardware :
- Intel Core I5 or I7
- Memory: 8GB
- Graphics and Video display: Any type of video cards from Apple should work with at least of 2GB of RAM.
- HardDrive: 512GB
- Software to run Virtualization for Microsoft windows:
- Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion, or VirtualBox
For more information, contact us at email@example.com