Intermediate PHP Programming - DIT 21032
|DIT 21032||36 hours|
During this course, students are introduced to the concepts of functions, encryption, regular expressions, advanced string manipulation, as well as the principals of Object-Oriented PHP, and more advanced techniques of integrating PHP with MySQL while securing PHP and MySQL against SQL injection attacks. Through a variety of class activities, students will advance their knowledge of PHP and MySQL and begin building some of the components for the Capstone PHP Programming Project.
PrerequisitesIntroduction to PHP Programming
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a variety of reusable functions
- Understand and use the PHP Data Object (PDO)
- Strengthen PHP/MySQL interactions through the use of prepared statements and bound parameters
- Create reusable classes and instantiate Objects
- Develop a website authentication system using the best practices of encryption with salt.
- Validate user input using regular expressions and other advanced methods