Introduction to Game Engines - DIT 31016
|DIT 31016||21 hours|
This course reviews existing game engine technologies used in the development of cutting edge games. Students will be taught to identify and utilize structures that are common to a variety of game engines. Students will create a Game Level using the Unreal UDK.
Readings Journal and Reviews:
Students will read and prepare reviews of one chapter of the textbook for each of classes 2-6. One or more students will present their review each class, and the group will discuss the chapter in a seminar format. Each student will prepare a journal of each of their reviews, to be handed in Class 6.
On completion of this course, students will:
- Understand how different game engines apply to different game genres and platforms;
- Describe the major components of a game engine;
- Demonstrate the flow of programming and development followed when making a game;
- Understand many of the systems used when working with a game engine;
- Build a basic game level using the Unreal Engine.