Introduction to Java Programming - DIT 21041
|DIT 21041||36 hours|
This is the first in a series of three courses covering the Java programming language and provides students with a foundational level of Java for web development application. Students will learn to create console-based applications, develop object-oriented solutions, and obtain a firm understanding of the coding conventions of the Java programming language.
PrerequisitesProgramming Basics for Web Developers
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Declare and use of variables;
- Use basic programming control structures;
- Declare Java classes and methods;
- Conditional decisions and repetitive execution of statemtents (loops) understanding;
- Use multi-dimensional arrays;
- Write and manipulate standard control structures;
- Accept command line user input;
- Create and manage files;
- Use exception handling to control errors.