Introduction to PHP Programming - DIT 21031
|DIT 21031||36 hours|
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) has become the foremost scripting language for developing modern, dynamic websites. Used in approximately 70% of existing websites, PHP is the fourth most popular programming language in the world. In this hands-on course, students will be introduced to the basics of programming in PHP, from simple syntax and variable usage, through Object-Oriented Programming through connecting PHP to the MySQL database to create truly dynamic, data-driven web applications. Students will also learn the correct way of programming for the web and introduced to the basics of web security (CSRF and XSS protection).
- WAMP (Apache, MySQL, PHP) server.
- Computer and Internet access at home.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop syntactically correct Web pages using PHP
- Integrate PHP into existing HTML pages
- Use accepted and tested methodologies to secure Web pages and forms
- Connect PHP with MySQL to insert, update, extract, and present data to users
- Begin using the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming to create modular, reusable PHP code