Managing and Resolving Conflict in the Workplace - DPS 15311
|DPS 15311||7 hours|
Conflict is usually viewed as a potentially destructive win-lose situation. This seminar will look at common sources of interpersonal workplace conflict and examine ways of effectively preventing, resolving or transforming those conflicts.
On completion of this seminar, participants will:
· Better understand the underlying and manageable causes/sources of interpersonal disputes;
· Have an enhanced level of self-awareness and options when choosing appropriate responses and strategies for addressing workplace conflict;
· Be better equipped to identify misunderstandings, clarify differing perceptions, and manage their own emotions.
· Be better prepared to name and confront troubling issues in an effective, practical way.
· Understand why people become defensive when confronted, and how to reduce this reaction.