MS Office Software: Excel - DPS 51036
|DPS 51036||36 hours|
Microsoft Excel is a powerful tool that can help businesses and people capture and retrieve data quickly and easily. This is a hands-on course that incorporates step-by-step learning activities to help student gain confidence with basic Microsoft Excel tools, commands, formulas and functions for spreadsheet application. Topics include workbooks, worksheets, cell content, managing data, charts, graphs, pivot table tools and tips and shortcuts.
On completion of this course, students will:
- Have an understanding of the benefits and scope of MS Excel for work application;
- Gain a working knowledge of MS Excel terminology (including absolute and relative references) and essential commands, tools, keyboard shortcuts, screen (including freeze panes and split worksheets) and toolbar functions;
- Learn to use basic formulas, and some of the advanced text and math-based formulas;
- Format worksheets using different style preferences
- Enter, edit, remove and change cell content with formatting preferences and conditional formatting
- Be able to manage and arrange data by filtering, sorting, subtotalling, and manipulating rows and columns on the worksheet;
- Learn how to prepare reports or summarize data through the pivot table tool;
- Link data between multiple worksheets or documents;
- Create charts from spreadsheet data;
- Customize the workbook with save, view, share, and protect properties;
- Import external data (from a document, website, or file) to an existing or new worksheet and export data for use in any file type;
- Learn how to set up and preview worksheets for printing purposes.