MS Office Software: Word - DPS 51034
|DPS 51034||36 hours|
MS Office Software: Word teaches document formatting using the commands of Microsoft® Word 2010. In this course, students will learn how to use Microsoft Word for many office-related tasks with an emphasis on Human Resource (HR) related documents such as: small newsletters, templates, and letters. Some Word functions that will be covered include: formatting tools, PDF conversions, using margins, tabs, indents, columns, and tables, working with pictures and clip art and charts.
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use basic Word 2016 commands including the clipboard commands, page formats, etc.;
- Create, edit and review a variety of documents (including envelops, memorandums and emails) and apply different formatting (including page, section breaks, tabs, styles, etc.) features to add a professional finish;
- Format academic and professional documents using the table of contents, citation, reference, footnote and endnote features;
- Utilize comments and track changes features for collaborative communications work;
- Create, format and enhance graphics features in different types of documents.