Network Security Diploma
- Next Intake:
- August 23, 2017 - October 19, 2018 (includes a one-week orientation & a four-week internship)
- Typical Schedule: fourteen-months in duration, Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm.
- Scheduled Breaks: Two breaks of one week throughout the program and two weeks off for winter break.
- Tuition Fees
- Download an Application
- Apply for this program now
This program is offered in partnership with Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT). MITT brings a wealth of knowledge to our students with state-of-the-art CISCO Labs and an integrated hands-on approach to learning. To learn more about the partnership with MITT Click Here...
- Note: Students will receive official transcripts from MITT on completion of the program. The completed MITT courses will be listed as one course with an “S” (Standing) on the PACE transcript.
As computer hackers continually develop new ways to gain access into our networks, business and industries combat these attacks with the aid of skilled network security specialists. As a result Security and Voice-Over IP are currently two areas in high demand in computer networking employment. Graduates from the Network Security program will acquire the IT security skills to help mitigate threats to organizations and gain marketable skills in these employment sectors. Manitoba Job Futures has identified the following job classifications as high growth occupations: Network Security Specialist, Network Administrator, Network Technician and Internet Server Administrator.
The program is 13 months in duration, which includes a one-week summer break and a two-week winter break.
For information on Job Futures please visit these sites:
Next Start Dates
The Network Security Diploma program is a joint programming initiative between the University of Winnipeg and the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT). This diploma program blends the opposable elements of hands-on learning with the theoretical/conceptual nature of IT security. Graduates will have an in-depth knowledge of and training in various protocols, network standards, designs and security solutions. This program actively integrates the dynamics of MITT's Regional CISCO Academy to the University’s cryptography and security schematics.
The program assists graduates in preparing for the CISCO CCNA designations, an internationally and industry-recognized professional certification.
Graduates of this program will receive the Network Security Diploma and the Management Certificate.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology provides secondary and post-secondary students with applied skills training for careers in Health Care and Human Services, Information and Business Technology, and Skilled Trades. This program is delivered out of their Henlow Bay Campus, which is approximately a 20-minute bus ride from The University of Winnipeg's campus.
Full-time Program Features
- Resume & Job Search Preparation
- One-month work practicum
- Specialized curriculum for high-growth industries
- Industry-recognized instructors
Work Practicum Opportunities
Work practicums provide a pathway to a wider network of industry contacts and offer students a chance to try out potential employers. Practicums provide students with an opportunity to further develop their professional skills while gradually increasing work responsibilities under the guidance of a seasoned practitioner. Students who complete the Network Security Diploma area well qualified to pursue employment in the ICT industry. If the practicum option is taken as part of the program, participants could add ICT industry experience, as well as resume preparation and interview practice, to their skills inventory.
- CPU: Intel or AMD core I5 or I7 (highly recommend I7 with 8 GB)
- Memory: 4GB or 8GB
- Display and Graphics:
- 15 inches LCDDisplay TFT active Matrix Colour can handle 1920 x 1080 Resolution (2GB ram)
- HardDrive: 500 GB
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (10 is recommended)
MAC’s hardware :
- Intel Core I5 or I7
- Memory: 8GB
- Graphics and Video display: Any type of video cards from Apple should work with at least of 2GB of RAM.
- HardDrive: 512GB
- Software to run Virtualization for Microsoft windows:
- Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion, or VirtualBox
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org