No longer accepting applications: Manitoba Arts And Cultural Management Certificate Program
DISCLAIMER: The Manitoba Arts & Cultural Management Certificate Program is no longer accepting students for admission as it will be eliminated from our part-time programming. Introduction to Arts and Cultural Management will be offered one last time in fall, 2016, Policy and Leadership in Canadian Cultural Sector will be offered one last time in winter, 2017 and Managing and Governance will be offered in spring 2016 and again in spring 2017.
The Manitoba Arts and Cultural Management Certificate Program is available to individuals currently working in, or trying to break into, Canada's arts and cultural sector. This program is designed to build the business and leadership skills necessary to manage and nurture creative activity in stable cultural organizations. Developed in cooperation with Manitoba's cultural sector leaders, the program is flexible, accessible and broad in scope.
Built with guidance from the cultural sector itself the Manitoba Arts and Cultural Management program is flexible and affordable. We are pleased to offer options of funding through organizations like the Arts and Cultural Industries Association of Manitoba. Please contact them directly for membership opportunities and funding options.
This program is for individuals interested in:
- Enhancing their knowledge of leadership and business practices specifically in the cultural sector
- Enhancing their knowledge of self-employment and the business skills necessary to be successful in the cultural sector
- Entering or re-entering the workforce
- Exploring a change in employment focus or career transition
- Moving into a supervisory or management position in a cultural sector organization
- Securing essential workplace knowledge and communication skills to complement an academic degree
Upon completion of this program you should be able to:
- Apply sector specific knowledge to day-to-day management issues
- Demonstrate skills in written communication by writing clear and concise messages using plain English
- Describe the major principles of business management and their interrelationships especially in regard to the cultural sector
- Employ principles of effective oral communication and effectively manage meetings and groups
- Explain key concepts regarding cultural policy and leadership in Canada
Career Opportunities for Graduates
- Art Gallery Manager
- Theatre Producer
- Festival Manager
- Arts Organization Manager
- Music Manager
- Sound Manager
- Museum Manager
Articulation for Credit
Graduates of the Manitoba Arts and Cultural Management Program may be eligible for equivalent course credits towards an undergraduate degree at The University of Winnipeg.
ARTS AND CULTURAL INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION OF MANITOBA (ACI) - SEMINARS
For information on seminars offered through ACI for credit in this program, please call Carol Finlay at 204-927-2787.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com