No longer accepting applications: Public Relations and Strategic Communications Diploma (Part-time)
NOTE: At this time we are not accepting new applications to this program. Please contact email@example.com for alternative program options.
Students who were admitted prior to September 1, 2015 under the Public Relations Diploma Program should use the following program Fact Sheet as a reference guide to the program requirements. See the PACE Timetable for the specific listings of available options or contact Julie Siemens.
Given the exponential growth of social media and eCommerce in recent years, Public Relations and Strategic Communications are vital components of successful organization and issue management. Through this program, students will develop the essential PR and communication skills to navigate real-time issues and situations and position organizations for success with key stakeholders and the media.
This program is designed for individuals interested in:
- Building a career in the public relations or communications fields and gaining the competencies and skills for success;
- Obtaining a recognized educational credential;
- Gaining the knowledge to write the Public Relations Knowledge (PRK) exam through the Canadian Public Relations Society
On completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Analyze media and stakeholder interests and address a variety of public relations issues including reputation and crisis management, media relations, and social media responses;
- Guide management on key business and policy decisions and devise effective public relations strategies;
- Design internal and external communications and prepare communications such as a comprehensive press kit and other collateral materials;
- Field media inquiries and organize a press conference in alignment with organizational priorities.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
- Public Relations Manager
- Community Relations Officer
- Media Relations Manager
- Public Affairs Officer
- Fund Development Officer
- Executive Director
- Communications Officer
Articulation for Credit
Graduates of the Public Relations Diploma Program may be eligible for equivalent course credits towards an undergraduate degree at The University of Winnipeg.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org