Introduction to Producing for Film - DPS 16075
|DPS 16075||36 hours|
This course is intended for those who are interested in understanding the business of Canadian film and television from the perspective of the producer. It will take you through several stages of an independent film production including concept development, financing, production, post-production and distribution. Specific attention will be paid to building the creative team, script development, research and marketing, finance and funding, legal and insurance issues, as well as business affairs and etiquette.
On completion of this course, students will:
- Be able to identify the major participants in the industry and understand their roles;
- Have an understanding of various development and production stages and the Producer’s role in each stage;
- Be able to identify and create package materials for development and financing;
- Have an understanding of the film and television marketplace.
- Textbook required
- Delivered at the U of W main campus