Project Management Diploma
- Next Intakes:
- May 01, 2018 - May 10, 2019 (includes a one-week orientation & a four-week internship)
- September 5, 2018 - September 13, 2019 (includes a one-week orientation & a four-week internship)
- January 14, 2019 - January 31, 2020 (includes a one-week orientation & a four-week internship)
- May 06, 2019 - May 08, 2020 (includes a one-week orientation & a four-week internship)
- September 04, 2019 - September 18, 2020 (includes a one-week orientation & a four-week internship)
- Typical Schedule: twelve-months in duration, Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm.
- Scheduled Breaks: Two breaks of one week throughout the program and two weeks off for winter break.
- Tuition Fees
- Apply for this program now
The PACE Project Management Diploma Program provides an analytical framework coupled with essential project management tools for budgeting, procuring, scoping, modeling, measuring, and reporting for a broad business application. Given the challenges facing business today, organizations are better positioned to thrive by hiring talent that can drive the business solution process and strengthen growth opportunities. PACE aligns this program with the knowledge requirements of the PMP designation process and industry-recognized standards for best professional practice.
Graduates have been hired by organizations such as:
- City of Winnipeg
- Manitoba Infrastructure
- Home Depot
- MTS Allstream
- Manitoba Hydro
- SNC-Lavalin Inc.
- Province of Manitoba
- University of Winnipeg
Next Start Dates
The Project Management Diploma Program prepares graduates to work as a project manager and provides a comprehensive project management foundation, based on generally recognized bodies of knowledge and best practice.
- Create and execute project work plans, define project scope and deliverables, determine project resources and staffing requirements, set project milestones, develop budget proposals, and successfully close a variety of projects.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the procurement life cycle including contract (tort) laws, potential legal issues, the step-by-step methodology for developing and managing procurement specifications, documents and contracts, and best practices for the vendor selection process.
- Create a project management communication plan that builds effective stakeholder and project team communication, and gain familiarity with a variety of project reporting tools and communication templates for communication purposes throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage change in project scope, create comprehensive risk profiles, and identify and develop mitigation and avoidance strategies that protect against a variety of liabilities and damage to organizational business interests.
- Foster a dynamic team environment built on collaborative relationships, clearly define group roles and responsibilities of the project team, and constructively and proactively manage conflict in order to avoid potential harm to the project and/or project team.
- Utilize project management technologies and analytics to streamline and ease process.
- Write the Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate Project Management (CAPM) designation examinations.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
- Project Manager
- Events Coordinator
- Events Manager
- Cost Analyst
- Procurement Coordinator
- Business Analyst
- Project Coordinator
- Support Officer
- Risk Analyst
Upon completion of this program students will earn two valuable educational credentials, the Project Management Diploma and the Management Certificate.
Program fee includes course tuition, Microsoft Project 2016 software, and membership to the Project Management Institute.
The full-time program is a laptop based program. For the MS Project software, laptops must meet the following requirements:
The MS Project 2016 software is not available for Mac computers. If you have a Mac, you need to install a Windows operating system prior to installing the MS Project software.
- Required Processor: 1 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor with SSE2
- Required Operating System: Windows 7 or later, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012 (not compatible with a Mac)
- Required Memory: 1 GB RAM (32 bit); 2 GB RAM (64 bit)
- Required Hard Disk Space: 3.0 GB available disk space
- Required Display: 1280 x 800 resolution
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card.
- Multi-touch: A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that new touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8 or later.
- Additional System Requirements: Internet functionality requires an Internet connection.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org