Prototyping of a Serious Game - DIT 31015
|DIT 31015||21 hours|
This course examines the prototyping process in detail, from discussing the benefits, exploring techniques, assessing the principles, reviewing tools, through to testing. Students will build a paper prototype, transforming design document specifications into software and hardware requirements, then testing and presenting their prototype. Students will learn how prototyping can be used in design, marketing, communication and testing.
Students will prepare a paper prototype of their own game design, and present it during the final class.
Each student will make one presentation, demonstrating the use of a paper prototype for one of the following purposes:
- Coordinating Communication
- Usability Testing
- Design Testing
- Technical Assessment
- As agreed with course Instructor
PrerequisitesPracticum: Level Design
On completion of this course, students will:
- Build a paper prototype for a variety of purposes;
- Demonstrate several techniques for prototyping;
- Understand the principles of prototyping;
- Source and employ various tools for prototyping;
- Communicate the value of prototyping.