Public Relations Fundamentals I - DPS 16084
|DPS 16084||36 hours|
In today’s fast-changing world individuals who can apply the principles of public relations in a strategic way are becoming increasingly valuable to many organizations. This introductory course lays a solid foundation for a career in public relations by familiarizing students with the basic concepts and principles of the profession.
PrerequisitesStrategic Public Relations Planning
On completion of this course, students will:
- Define public relations and recognize instances of public relations in multiple contexts;
- Identify and build upon the key skills necessary to be a PR professional;
- Understand the process of PR and use theory and strategy to solve PR challenges and achieve organizational goals;
- Understand concepts of communication, audience and persuasion;
- Choose appropriate and ethical PR tactics;
- Develop and present a strategic PR plan.
- Textbook required