Public Relations, Marketing & Strategic Communication Diploma
- Next Intake:
- August 29, 2017 - October 05, 2018 (includes a one-week orientation & a four-week internship)
- Typical Schedule: thirteen-months in duration, Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm.
- Scheduled Breaks: Two breaks of one week throughout the program and two weeks off for winter break.
- Tuition Fees
- Download an Application
- Apply for this program now
This program will prepare you to work as a public relations practitioner in a corporate or not-for-profit environment. The courses will provide you with a broad foundation of PR and marketing-specific knowledge and skills with an emphasis on best practices, and current and emerging issues.
Next Start Dates
- Identify, analyze and influence organizational objectives, communications strategies and key interest groups
- Guide management on key business and policy decisions
- Develop public relations strategies that create awareness and favourable perception, and/or promote your products and services and set measurable objectives from which to evaluate their effectiveness
- Build collegial and cooperative relationships with a variety of public interest groups, internal and external clients, and the media
- Design and implement a media relations strategy expanding your visibility in the community
- Analyze consume buying patterns, employ marketing tools and research methodologies to determine environmental and competitive factors affecting products and services, and develop new products and/or services meriting consumer interest and increasing market share
- Master public relations communications writing template including: a well-tooled press kit, news releases, annual reports, newsletters, brochure content, and personality profiles
- Plan and direct the crisis and change management process
- Coordinate and prepare material for internal and external promotional publications, including planning articles, editing copy, supervising print preparation, distributing publications
- Gain an understanding of digital communication technologies, their impact in traditional approaches to public relations and marketing, and how to adapt print-based collaterals for this new medium
- Exercise sound financial decision-making and budgeting skills
Articulation for Credit
Articulation for Credit
Graduates of the full-time Public Relations, Marketing & Strategic Communication Diploma Program may be eligible for up to a maximum of 30 hours of credit for the following course equivalents when pursuing a degree at the University of Winnipeg:
Articulated as equivalent credit:
- Introduction to Business l (BUS-1201/3)
- Fundamentals of Organizational Behaviour (BUS-2103/3)
- Fundamentals of Marketing (BUS-2210/3)
- Advertising (BUS-3230/3)
Articulated as unallocated credit:
- 9 hours of credit to RHET-2000
- 3 hours of credit to POL-2000
- 3 hours of credit to BUS-1000
- 3 hours of credit to BUS-2000
Upon successful completion of the full-time Public Relations, Marketing & Strategic Communication Diploma Program, you will be eligible for the following academic credentials:
- Public Relations and Strategic Communications Diploma
- Marketing Management Diploma
- Management Certificate.
Full-time programs fees include the course tuition fees, Adobe Creative Suite CS4 Design Premium software.
All full-time Professional Studies Programs include an internship opportunity. The internship will help you develop a working portfolio and gain tangible work experience.
- CPU: Intel or AMD core I5 or I7 (highly recommend I7 with 8 GB)
- Memory: 4GB or 8GB
- Display and Graphics:
- 15 inches LCDDisplay TFT active Matrix Colour can handle 1920 x 1080 Resolution (2GB ram)
- HardDrive: 500 GB
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (10 is recommended)
MAC’s hardware :
- Intel Core I5 or I7
- Memory: 8GB
- Graphics and Video display: Any type of video cards from Apple should work with at least of 2GB of RAM.
- HardDrive: 512GB
- Software to run Virtualization for Microsoft windows:
- Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion, or VirtualBox
For more information, contact us at email@example.com