Resume Building & Job Search Techniques - DPS 51019
|DPS 51019||36 hours|
Resume Building and Job Search Techniques is a course designed to prepare participants for the internship application process and to re-enter the workforce after graduating from a UWPACE full-time program. This course will help students produce compelling cover letters and effective resumes, and employ successful job search techniques.
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Create a results-oriented resume that demonstrates relevant transferable skills to a specific prospective employer;
- Articulate how their qualifications, skills and competencies match the employer’s needs;
- Tailor resumes and cover letters in response to individual job postings;
- Develop a personal brand that attracts the interest of top employers;
- Gain competitive advantage through thorough labour market research;
- Adopt strategies to effectively secure informational interviews to expand professional networks and to gain valuable insight into industry, organizational cultures, and career pathways;
- Prepare effectively for the interview process by creating positive, effective, and concise responses to common interview questions.