Strategic Planning - DPS 51040
|DPS 51040||36 hours|
Formerly DPS 16518 Project Management VIII: Strategic Planning
Strategic planning determines where an organization is going over the next year, or more, and how it is going to get there. Typically the process is organization-wide or focused on a major function such as a division, department or other major function. This course will examine the reasons and implications of the strategic planning process and how it impacts project management.
On completion of this course, students will:
- Understand the major issues, concepts and techniques of strategic management;
- Appreciate and be familiar with a general and executive management perspective;
- Develop an ability to plan, think and act strategically;
- Develop skills in action-planning and strategic implementation;
- Gain an understanding of how strategy drives the program and portfolio management of projects.
- Daytime offering only