Supporting the Child with Autism Spectrum Disorder - DEA 25090
|DEA 25090||12 hours|
The following topics will be discussed: Diagnosis of Autism/P.D.D. (Pervasive Developmental Disorder) and Asperger's Syndrome; language/communication and social behaviour of students with Autism/P.D.D.; and strategies that can be used when working with children who have limited communication and social skills and exhibit behaviour problems.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• To provide practical knowledge about working with children with an autism spectrum disorder diagnoses
• Understand the causes and diagnoses of autism spectrum disorder
• Understand the various aspects of Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Have knowledge concerning the language/communication and social behaviour of students with Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnoses
• Know, discuss and implement classroom strategies for working along with children who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis.
• Define and use ABA (Applied Behavioural Analysis) and behavioural modification in treating Autism Spectrum Disorder