WEVAS: Working Effectively with Violent and Aggressive Students - DEA 15154
|DEA 15154||15 hours|
The course provides adults with the opportunity to develop a differentiated communication approach when working with challenging children. It identifies five psychological states that negatively affect a child’s behaviour, interpersonal skills, and ability to learn and it provides adults with the opportunity to develop communication strategies that are effective with each state. WEVAS® communication skills are used by adults to guide children out of these problem states into competent ones. The course meets the requirements set forth by WEVAS Inc. for certification in WEVAS®.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Identify the five psychological states that produce negative behaviours
• Understand the differentiated communication approach
• Match communication strategies with the child’s psychological state.
• Expand the range and effectiveness of your communication with challenging children who are in
these problem states.
- Understanding of concepts of “effective” and “ineffective” learning states
- Ability to assess and debrief about personal skills for dealing with ineffective learning states
- Development of skills to enhance classroom management and expand students’ effective learning states