XML - DIT 21123
|DIT 21123||18 hours|
This course introduces students to the Extensible Markup Language (XML) and its related technologies, such as XPATH, and Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT). XML is a very popular and an extremely versatile markup language and is used in everything from web services to describing content for a database.
PrerequisitesHTML5/CSS3 Capstone Project
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of XML documents;
- Create well-formed XML documents;
- Describe how XML is used in a variety of applications;
- Understand XML Namespaces;
- Work with XPATH;
- Transform XML documents to HTML with XSLT;
- Apply styles to XML documents with XSLT and CSS;
- Create RSS feeds.