Managing the Discipline Process Effectively - DPS 59028
|DPS 59028||7 hours|
Non-performance and unacceptable behaviour are increasingly challenging today's work environment and discipline can be a catalyst of positive change. While disciplining employees is an unappealing task, some basic techniques and steps will help ease the process.
This seminar will explore the different stages of the disciplinary process, define appropriate levels of discipline, and explore preventative measures to mitigate and avoid future disciplinary issues of similar nature. The session includes practical exercises designed to provide participants with an understanding of the various processes, roles and requirements in administrating discipline. Additional topics will include fact-finding, interviewing techniques, documentation and decision-making.
Formerly DPS 16505 Grievances & Discipline Handling
On completion of this seminar, participants will:
- Understand the process and principles of progressive discipline;
- Understand the process of handling grievances in a unionized environment;
- Clarify and understand the roles of various parties involved in the discipline process;
- Conduct a thorough investigation;
- Assess and apply the findings of fact.