We offer a series of events and activities to create a well-rounded student life experience, which goes beyond the classroom. Through our three-tiered Student Life program, we help:
- students integrate into the diverse Canadian culture;
- build students professional network through meeting with industry professionals;
- students gain real-life experience through volunteer committees; and
- connect students with established alumni in a mentorship capacity.
Each month the PACE Student Life Program create opportunities to celebrate special moments with fellow classmates as well as the larger university community.
List of upcoming events:
- PACE Wesmen Soccer Fest – September 20, 2016
- Multicultural Thanksgiving Potluck – October 7, 2016
- Halloween Costume Contest – October 28, 2016
- Global Holiday Party – December 2, 2016
- Annual Cultural Evening – January 27, 2017
- PACE Shows Love Potluck – February 14, 2017
- Spirit Week – March 6-10, 2017
Industry Networking Events
- Speed Mentoring Events for each full time program
- Conversation Circles
- Students: all upcoming Conversation Circles will be posted on your course sites (Nexus).
Alumni Networking Events
Read what some of the students have experienced.
"Volunteering for culture night was a great experience and a nice break from studying. I remember thinking I was too busy to get involved, but I'm really glad I did as it was one of my most memorable experiences at PACE. I helped plan and set up the decorations which was fun, plus I got to know a bunch of people in different programs.”
Rachel O’Conner, Graduate, Human Resource Management - 2015, Physcial Damage Re-engineering Communication Lead, MPI
“Having a mentor helped me a lot when I came in as an international student; therefore I too want to help and guide others as much as possible. I feel that interacting with individuals outside of my social network provides great learning opportunities. It is chance to share ideas, inspire and motivate one another. A win-win situation! I am now a mentor and I have mentored three students from PACE HRM program”
Guneet Kaur, Graduate, Human Resource Management - 2013, Recruitment Coordinator at Great-West Life
To learn more about students experiences, read the Student Life Blog.