Managing in a Unionized Environment - DPS 59035
|DPS 59035||7 hours|
“What do you mean we just can’t fire her?” This seminar is designed for managers and supervisors and will expose them to some of the collective agreement constraints within a unionized environment. It will also provide a framework for managing employees within the collective agreement and fostering positive labour relations, which is critical to a productive workplace.
On completion of this seminar, participants will:
- Understand the rights and obligations of management, employees and the union, including limitations on the right to manage imposed by collective agreements;
- Understand the importance of effective union-management relations;
- Understand the labour relations system and employment legislation;
- Learn how to deal with different types of workplace problems, including absenteeism;
- poor performance, and misconduct;
- Understand alternate dispute resolution, the grievance process and arbitration.
Students should bring along a copy of the Quick Guide to Employment Standards