Advanced Diploma In Leadership In Early Childhood Care And Education Program
This program is designed for professionals working in the early childhood care and education sector. The program has been approved by the Manitoba Government’s Child Care Education Program Approval Committee (CCEPAC) as a route towards achievement of ECE III classification when combined with a current ECE II. It is a unique combination of courses from the Professional Studies Program Area and the Developmental Studies Degree Program.
- To provide leadership training for professionals within the early childhood sector
- To provide an ECE II with the opportunity to become an ECE III
- Understanding of major Canadian and Manitoban social policies as they relate to children and families
- Ability to analyze trends in the childcare sector
- Familiarity with major principles of business management and their interrelationships
- Understanding of key concepts of organizational behaviour and the behaviour of individuals and groups in organizations
- Effective oral and written communication, both interpersonal and team related
- Effective problem-solving techniques
Career Opportunities for Graduates
Articulation for Credit
Graduates of the Advanced Diploma in Leadership in Early Childhood Care and Education Program may be eligible for equivalent course credits towards an undergraduate degree at The University of Winnipeg.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITY FOR STUDENTS
The Regulated Annual Training Grant ($350) is available through the Province of Manitoba.
The student must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for the Regulated Annual Training Grant:
1. Employed at a licensed non-profit child care centre
2. Classified as an ECE ll and eligible to receive an ECE lll upon completion of the ADLECCE Program
* Childcare Centre Directors must apply for this grant on behalf of the employee.
This program requires a dual application process. For admission to this program students must complete the UWPACE and degree-credit studies Application for Admission forms and submit originals of all required documentation.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com